Today is Good Friday. On this solemn day, we remember the seriousness of Jesus’ sacrifice for us on the Cross.
Every one of Jesus’ teachings imparted powerful words of life. But his final words – uttered as he hung dying in physical agony – are especially important for us to consider.
If we had been in the crowd that day, we would have heard Jesus make these remarkable statements:
1. “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing.”
2. “Today you will be with me in paradise.”
3. “Behold your son: behold your mother.”
4. “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”
5. “I thirst.”
6. “It is finished.”
7. “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.”
Taken together, these seven final words of Jesus paint a picture of His perfect love for us and the radical example that He set for us to love God and love our neighbor.
Today, as we consider, with sober reflection, what Christ did for us on that first Good Friday, we should ask ourselves: How will I respond?
PS. Don’t forget – It’s Friday, but Sunday’s comin’! CLICK HERE to watch this inspirational sermon, our special gift just for you.